The following Terms of Business (Terms) govern the relationship between True Teaching and the Educator who uses the Services.
By dealing with True Teaching in relation to the Services, the Educator agrees with the Terms exclusively.
In these Terms,
- Client means a school or organization registered with True Teaching seeking to employ Educators and using the Services.
- Educator means the individual registered with True Teaching as an Educator and seeking placement with a Client, and subject to the Services.
- Services means True Teaching’s placement services, upon these Terms.
- True Teaching means True Teaching Pte Ltd (Registration no.: 201311434H).
- The Educator shall immediately inform True Teaching upon accepting an appointment by a Client.
- The Educator is not required to pay any fees for the Services.
- The Educator agrees to provide complete, current, correct and verifiable information about the Educator’s education, qualifications, employment record and other information reasonably required by True Teaching.
- The Educator’s referees or references shall not be the Educator’s relatives or close friends.
- If any information provided to True Teaching by an Educator is found to be false or deliberately misleading, the Educator will be removed from the True Teaching’s register of Educator, and Clients and other recruitment agencies will be informed of the Educator’s identity and the nature of the deregistration.
- If the Educator accepts a Client’s verbal or written offer of appointment and subsequently reneges without valid reason, the Educator will be removed from the True Teaching’s Educator register.
- Upon the Educator’s appointment by a Client, the Client has the sole rights and responsibilities of control of the Educator in relation to the appointed position and the Educator shall indemnify True Teaching against any costs, claims and liability arising out of or in connection with the actions or omissions of the Educator in relation to the appointment, unless caused by True Teaching’s own negligence or default.
- True Teaching will take reasonable action to ensure that Clients do not change the terms of appointment represented to True Teaching.
- True Teaching will make reasonable due diligence checks on Clients before registering them as Clients.
- True Teaching shall reasonably assist Educators to clarify and obtain information relating to a Client’s offered appointment.
- All information about Clients or otherwise made available by True Teaching is confidential. The Educator shall not, directly or indirectly, disclose the information. If the Educator breaches this obligation of confidentiality, it shall pay True Teaching S$1000, as liquidated damages and not as a penalty.
- The Client (and not True Teaching) is responsible for complying with all applicable laws and fulfilling all requirements relating to the appointment of the Educator, including procuring work permits, visas or other governmental documents, medical checks, insurances and social security.
- Educators with a teaching spouse or partner shall disclose the spouses’ or partner’s intentions relating to employment at the time of registering with True Teaching.
- True Teaching is not liable under any circumstances, whether in contract, tort, equity, statute or under any other cause, for indirect losses, loss of profits, reliance losses, loss of enjoyment, loss of use, loss of opportunity, punitive damages or exemplary damages. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws, True Teaching’s total and maximum liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract, tort, equity, statute or under any other cause, shall be limited to S$1000.
- True Teaching shall use and process Educator personal data as contemplated under these Terms, for the purposes of the Services, employment and compliance with applicable laws (including immigration laws), and for no other purpose whatsoever.
- The Educator is added to the True Teaching’s register of Educator only when all necessary information has been submitted to True Teaching. Prior to the completion of the registration, the Educator will not be given access or introduced to Clients.
- True Teaching may terminate these Terms (a) upon 14 days’ prior notice; or (b) immediately upon notice, if the Educator breaches these Terms.
- No variation can be made to these Terms without the written agreement of True Teaching and the Educator.
- These Terms are governed by Singapore laws. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.